Here are some ways you can promote your blog
1. Create great content – Everything starts with great content. Think 'Linkbait" -- or writing about stuff that would be so great that people will want to link to you. It can be a news hook where you write about something that is contrary to what everyone else is saying; resource hook where you have the only information available or humor hook.
2. Use RSS Feeds.:- Most blog platforms such as Wordpress and Blogger have RSS feeds. Submit your blog to RSS directories. Use Feedburner, and offer the option of sending out your blog as an email as well.
3. Update the content regularly – make your visitors come back again and again to your blog by providing daily updates (even multiple posts per day!)
4. Use social media. Twitter, Facebook, Stumbleupon and other social networking and social bookmarking sites can drive huge traffic to your blog. Learn how each of the main social media sites work and be sure to establish a presence in them for your business. Learn how to use them and get quality followers/fans. Also put social media tools in your site -- Addthis, Facebook Like, Twitter, Google+, and others
5. Submit your blog to blog directories such as
6. Network with other bloggers – comment on their blogs, read and link to other blogs and request them to link back to you. Email other bloggers; pitch your post to other bloggers and hope that they will link or mention your blog. Offer them exclusive content as long as they add a link back to your blog (and be sure that it is a dofollow link).
7. Use techniques to showcase your blog – examples include meme games such as the Daily Meme http://thedailymeme.com/ or carnivals http://blogcarnival.com/bc/
8. BY Pay Per Click Programe :- You can try pay per click programs such as Google Adwords http://www.google.com/adwords or Yahoo Search Marketing – though the key is to carefully track your ROI and which keywords actually perform well
9. Make sure your blog is indexable by the search engines - and make sure that your titles have great keywords that your target audience are most likely to use. Optimize your blog for the search engines.
10. Send out press releases. While outfits charge as much as $650 per release, there are free press release submission places on the Web. Press releases allow you to (a) attract media attention; (b) get more back links to your website without sending each website an email request; and (c) get more visibility especially if your press release gets in Google News or Yahoo News.